Gasper Jn. Baptiste
MCMI, MBA (Finance), DMS, CPA
Chief Elections Officer
1996/98 – School of Finance and Management (SFM), University of Lincoln & Humberside (ULH) United Kingdom
1990/94 – University of the West Indies (UWI) School of Continuing Studies (St. Lucia).
1962/72 – St. Aloysius Roman Catholic Boys School (St. Lucia)
- Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) (Business Finance)
- Diploma in MANAGEMENT STUDIES (DMS)
- Certificate in PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (CPA)
- Diploma in INTERNATIONAL TRADE
Member Chartered Management Institute (MCMI) of the United Kingdom.
- March – OAS/CARICOM Election Observer, Haiti’s Presidential Elections, (second round of voting).
- October – December – OAS/CARICOM Election Observer, Haiti’s Presidential Elections (first round of voting).
- September – Third Inter-American Electoral Training Seminar, Mexico City (6th – 10th, September)
- May – Observer Mission – Trinidad & Tobago General Elections
- February – Observer Mission – Costa Rica Presidential Elections
- Canada – Electoral Conference organized by the Organization of American States (OAS) in conjunction with Electoral Canada.
- United Kingdom – Electoral Management Training organized by Public Service International (PSI).
- Nicaragua – Election Observation Mission
- Costa Rica – Participated in the sixteenth (16th) Conference of the Association of Electoral Organizations of Central America and the Caribbean – TIKAL Protocol.
- Dominican Republic – Election Observation Mission.
- Jamaica – Member, Organization of American States (OAS) Registration Observer team.
- Presiding Officer – Election of Delegates, St. Lucia Banana Growers Association (SLBGA)
- Registration Officer – Castries North/East Electoral District, St. Lucia.
- Dominican Republic – Seminar on Electoral Registration Process.
- Panama – Election Observation Mission.
- Registration Assistant, Electoral Office
- Enumerator, Field Registration Exercise
- The writing of “A Strategic Development Plan for the Electoral Department of St. Lucia”
2003 – 2006 – Chairperson, Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs Boards’ of Survey and Condemnation.
- 1987 – Member, Steering Committee, St. Lucia Census Board.
- 1984 – 86 – Member, St. Lucia Civil Service Association (CSA) General Council
- Founder and Chief Instructor of Premier Martial Arts Institute
- Martial Arts – Holder of a fifth degree black belt in Shotokan Karate.